Legacy Application Migration Service
As technology changes, more and more businesses are forced to grapple with the need to modernize their legacy applications. There are many approaches to application modernization, including to reuse, rewrite or replace. The goal of reusing the existing application is to gain more value from proven business logic and extend its useful life, while significantly reducing unnecessary operating costs and decreasing risk.
Since there are several modernization approaches, choosing one can be a difficult task. But it’s no surprise that the preference today is migrating to the cloud, as opposed to modernizing with an on-premise, in-house solution. The many benefits of the cloud include faster deployment, lower IT overhead by offloading hardware support requirements, virtually unlimited application scalability, responsiveness for today’s mobile users, and higher utilization and resource efficiency via shared services.
Reasons to consider migrating legacy applications include:
- Legacy software becomes obsolete and unable to keep up with the demands of the business and its customers
- The ongoing business value of a legacy application does not justify the cost of maintaining it
- Applications become increasingly resource-intensive or slow-performing
- The number of people with the skills to maintain and operate the legacy mainframe is quickly dwindling as veterans retire and qualified replacements aren’t available
Legacy Application Migration Safety and Security
Our professionals will perform all client work in a safe and secure environment. The work will be performed at your site, and at secure Astadia facilities, as appropriate.
- Assign Astadia professionals with appropriate security credentials
- Maintain a safe and secure project environment
- Secure and protect your Intellectual Property
- Deliver Legacy Application Migration project results to you
- Complete and secure project
Legacy Application Migration Service Deliverables
We’ll produce a complete profile of the target Leg Mod project, which typically lasts several weeks. At the project conclusion, you will receive a transformed application and database, and documentation, per the specifications defined in the project planning stage.
- Develop a project plan, including all security-related issues
- Deliver a preliminary package to help you prepare for the project
- Meet with you on a regular basis to discuss the project status
- Present final project results to you
- Project concludes and we discuss next steps
Choose Astadia for your Legacy Application Migration Service
Over the past 20 years, we have successfully completed more than 100 Legacy Modernization projects, all of which required different services. Our skills and experience with Legacy Migration, and our proven results with clients in this category, make Astadia the best partner to conduct your Legacy Application Migration project.
The Astadia Legacy Application Migration methodology helps our clients resolve application and database issues, while moving Legacy applications to new platforms. In addition, we offer a number of services to help you resolve application and database issues, and move through the entire “Legacy to Cloud” experience.
- Proven track record
- Broad skill set and experience base
- Clear path to the Cloud for your Legacy Portfolio
- Full services across the entire system life cycle
- Fixed price, fixed timeframe set of deliverables for your business