Application Portfolio Management Services
Application Portfolio Management (APM) can help you to justify and measure the financial benefits of each application. Taking ideas from investment portfolio management, APM practitioners gather information about each application in use in a business or organization. This includes the cost to build and maintain the application, the business value produced, the quality of the application and the expected lifespan. Using this information, the application portfolio manager is able to provide detailed reports on the performance of the IT infrastructure in relation to the cost to own and the business value delivered.
Our APM professionals will provide the following services for your company:
- Create an inventory of all IT software assets
- Catalogue application software, databases, operating systems, networks, etc.
- Identify areas of overlap and duplication (e.g. How many Customer Master Files do you use?)
- Rank order each application in terms of technology, user base and value to the business
- Finalize recommendations for Legacy Modernization opportunities
The Application Portfolio Management Process
Our professionals will work with your staff, using methodologies we have developed and Application Portfolio Management best practices, to complete an APM Service. We will review and catalogue your IT assets, compile detailed lists of all assets by category, then produce a final list with recommendations for your review. This final deliverable will give you the base of information you need to maintain an updated IT asset list into the future.
- Work with your I.T. staff to begin an asset inventory
- Use your documentation to create a complete list of I.T. assets
- Conduct interviews and discussions with your IT staff and business leaders to address any issues
- Develop lists of I.T. assets by category, for review by your key stakeholders
- Complete final lists and associated priorities for future actions
Application Portfolio Management Safety and Security
Our professionals will perform all client work in a safe and secure environment. The work will be performed at your site, and at secure Astadia facilities, as appropriate.
- Assign Astadia professionals with appropriate security credentials
- Maintain a safe and secure project environment
- Secure and protect your Intellectual Property
- Deliver APM results to you
- Complete and secure project
Application Portfolio Management Deliverables
We’ll produce reports and analysis over the course of your APM project, which typically lasts several weeks. At the project conclusion, you will receive a full set of reports and data.
- Meet with you to discuss project plans, including all security-related issues
- Deliver a preliminary package to help you prepare for the project
- Meet with you on a regular basis to discuss the project status
- Present final project results to you
- Project concludes and we discuss next steps
Choose Astadia for your Application Portfolio Management Project
Over the past 20 years, we have successfully completed more than 100 Legacy Modernization projects, many of which were the result of an APM process. Our skills and experience with Application Portfolio Management tools, and our proven results with clients in this category, make Astadia the best partner to conduct your APM project.
In addition, we offer a number of services to help you move through the entire “Legacy to Cloud” experience.
- Proven track record of experience
- Broad skill set and experience base
- Clear path to the Cloud for your Legacy Portfolio
- Full services across the entire system life cycle
- Fixed price, fixed timeframe set of deliverables for your business