Legacy Data Service
The Astadia Legacy Data Service has two major elements: data conversion and data migration. Typically the two elements go hand-in-hand, but there are exceptions. In the case of data conversion, you may be converting from one database product to another, while remaining on the same operating system platform. In the case of data migration, a database is converted, then migrated to a different operating system platform.
The Legacy Data Service Process
The Legacy Data Service begins with discussing your goals and objectives for the project. We’ll identify databases and operating systems that are directly involved, and review technical details that may impact the project, including the application source code, JCL, etc.
- Work with you to gather detailed technical data about your environment
- Develop a project plan, including the scope of the Legacy Modernization and management of security-related issues
- Assign staff from both companies to manage the project
- Set processes, deliverables and timelines
- Deliver a preliminary package to help you prepare for the project
- Meet with you on a regular basis to discuss the project status
- Present final project results to you
- Project concludes and we discuss next steps
Legacy Data Service Safety and Security
Our professionals will perform all client work in a safe and secure environment. The work will be performed at your site, and at secure Astadia facilities, as appropriate.
- Assign Astadia professionals with appropriate security credentials
- Maintain a safe and secure project environment
- Secure and protect your Intellectual Property
- Deliver Legacy Data results to you
- Complete and secure project
Legacy Data Service Deliverables
We’ll produce database reports and analysis over the course of the Legacy Data project, which typically lasts several weeks. At the project conclusion, you will receive a full set of reports and data, including database schema, database contents and volume metrics.
Choose Astadia for your Legacy Data Service
Over the past 20 years, we have successfully completed more than 100 Legacy Modernization projects, all of which have required Legacy Data Migration Services. Our skills and experience with data mapping tools and data migration from legacy systems, and our proven results with clients in this category, make Astadia the best partner to conduct your Legacy Data service.
In addition, we offer a number of services to help you resolve data conversion and migration issues, and move through the entire “Legacy to Cloud” experience.
- Proven track record of experience
- Broad skill set and experience base
- Clear path to the Cloud for your Legacy Portfolio
- Full services across the entire system life cycle
- Fixed price, timeframe and set of deliverables for your business